Dear Rohan Woods Community:
I am excited to share some important updates regarding our school library, and the goals we set to facilitate growth in this area. We are committed to providing a stimulating and enriching learning environment for your children, and the library plays a crucial role in achieving this.
- Promoting Literacy: A well-stocked and up-to-date library encourages reading among students. Reading is not only fundamental to academic success but also enhances critical thinking, vocabulary, and imagination.
- Diverse Reading Materials: We aim to provide a wide range of books that reflect the diverse backgrounds and interests of our students. Updating library books helps us maintain a collection that caters to different reading preferences and diverse backgrounds.
- Supporting Curriculum: Our teachers often integrate library resources into their lessons. Having current and relevant material ensures the library remains pertinent and serves as a valuable learning tool for our students.
Our goals for this endeavor include:
- Refresh the Collection: Some books became outdated or were worn and damaged. We want our selections to remain engaging and relevant.
- Add New Titles: We plan to acquire new books that align with the interests and needs of our faculty and students and support our growing curriculum.
- Diversity and Inclusivity: We are committed to providing books that celebrate diversity and promote inclusivity so that all of our students feel that they belong in our community. We want our library to reflect a wide range of perspectives and cultures.
I want to thank Emily Otterson (EC), Mina Karr (EC), and Michele Young (PK), who literally worked all summer to meet the goals of this project. Their hard work and commitment resulted in a library that is inviting, up-to-date, and stimulating for our students.
Additionally, I would like to thank Mina Karr for taking on the role of our librarian; this resource will be a great tool for all ages as we continue to expand our offerings.
All the best,
Head of School