Rohan Woods School is incredibly fortunate to belong to the Independent Schools of St. Louis (ISSL). In preparation for the opening of schools, ISSL sponsored a professional development opportunity for faculty and administrators. An esteemed panel of infectious disease doctors were assembled to communicate current, accurate information about COVID-19 and answer questions educational professionals had regarding best practices in serving the needs and providing safety measures for our students.
Guidance was provided by:
- Dr. Rachel Orscheln, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Infectious Diseases, Washington University in St. Louis
- Dr. David Rosen, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Researcher, Pathobiology, Washington University in St. Louis
- Dr. Peter D. Panagos, Professor of Emergency Medicine and Neurology, Washington University in St. Louis, School of Medicine
- Dr. Jason G. Newland, Professor of Pediatrics, Washington University in St. Louis
- Dr. Duha Al-Zubeidi, Assistant Professor, Pediatrics, Infectious Diseases, St. Louis Children’s Hospital
The overriding message from these professionals was parents and schools working in partnership by following the guidelines of Washing your hands, Wearing a mask, and Watching your distance, builds a layer of protection and a foundation for safety for our children and employees. If families join the school in these practices, this will provide peace of mind for our faculty and administration that your family is willing to make sacrifices for the greater good of our school community.
SEE YOU ON TUESDAY!