It has been a short, but very busy week in Senior Kindergarten! The snow has finally fallen, and the children are so excited to get outside to play! Hopefully next week the temperatures will rise. Please remember to send your child with a winter coat, hat, gloves/mittens, and scarf (if necessary). It there is snow on the ground, and the temperature is warm enough, we will go outside. So, please use your best judgment on whether snow boots and snow pants are needed! You can always send me an email to ask, as well. We go outside as long as the temperature is at least 25 degrees, with the wind-chill in mind as well:-)
In Reading/Language Arts, the students are…
- Learning about sea creatures
- Painting sea shells
- Practicing sight word knowledge
- Blending sounds to read
- Learning blends
- Choosing a sea creature to focus personal study on
In Math, the students are…
- Beginning a unit on shapes
- Counting down to the 100th day
Reminders/Things to look ahead for…
- The 100th day is on Thursday, Jan. 28th. Your child is welcome to dress like he is 100 years old to celebrate this day. Please make sure that he wears or brings his tennis shoes, and is ready for P.E. Class and Recess.
- For homework, please have your child gather 100 small items to bring in a bag or mounted on a poster board for Show and Tell. Things such as pennies, cheerios, beads, etc. are all examples of ideas.
- Library Day is on Monday- please bring back your library books.
- Friday, Feb. 5th is Father's Breakfast. Please let me know if your child's dad can make it. If not, an uncle, grandparent, etc. are welcome to take your child's father's place.
Thank you again for meeting with me for Parent/Teacher Conferences. If you have any follow-up questions, concerns, or things to share, please do so.