It is finally December!! I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving break! It was so nice to see the Seniors again after the break. We have been working hard these past few weeks! We are all excited to share in the joy of the holiday season this month.
In Reading, the students are finishing the Language Arts unit- Teamwork.
Next, the students will…
- Focus on blending sounds to read words
- Play various reading games that highlight short vowel sounds and begin to learn blends
- Read many non-fiction books about sea life
- Learn about the various holidays that are celebrated in December
- Read The Mitten and create a special project to enhance further learning in reading comprehension skills
- Compare the stories, The Gingerbread Man, The Gingerbread Boy, and The Stinky Cheese Man
In Math, the students are…
- Beginning to learn about size and position
- Finishing up a unit on numbers 1 through 10
Next week, the Senior Kindergartners will be participating in the Holiday Program on Thursday, December 8th. Since the musical begins promptly at 6:30 PM, the children will need to be dropped off in the classroom no later than 6:15 PM. Parents then will go to the gym to be seated and the children will arrive in the gym at 6:30 PM as a class. Please have your child dress nicely for this event (boys should wear collared shirts or sweaters and pants, girls should wear a skirt, dress, etc…).
The Holiday Party is on Friday, Dec. 16th from 2:15 to 3:00 pm. All parents are welcome to come!
Have a great weekend!