Welcome to 2016! Sixth Graders returned to school on January 4 ready for learning and leadership. They are showing excellent progress as we navigate through the second half of the school year. Congratulations to the students for filling the smile jar demonstrating teamwork and cooperation in the classroom.
- Students began the year by writing January goals. They will reflect on progress at the end of the month
- We began reading Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library in preparation for MADCO in April. (see below for more details)
- Students are polishing their note taking skills by reading about WWI and choosing important facts to record
- We are progressing through Flight Reports in independent reading
Students are very excited as we begin reading Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library. This book was chosen for the 2015-16 school year for MADCO's Books in Motion. MADCO will take place April 20 – May 3, with the final performance on the afternoon of May 3rd. We will be reading the book, completing activities and assessments.
Here are addition important dates to note on your calendar:
- Monday, January 18, No School MLK Jr. Holiday
- Friday, January 22, No School, Parent – Teacher conferences
- Friday, February 5, Fathers' Breakfast