The Second and Third Graders have had an amazing start to the new school year! They've been working on collaborating, compromising, and team building skills to develop a solid foundation for an amazing classroom! They even had a visit from the one-and-only Fredbird to help us kick off a great school year!
Here are some other things the Second and Third Graders have been working on these first few weeks of school:
- Understanding and practicing classroom procedures
- Getting to know one another and our new friends
- Using Class Dojo to work as a team to earn points for our classroom
- Setting a great example for our Pre-K Buddies
- Helping our Buddies pick out and read library books
- Spelling words that focus on using short and long vowels
- Writing in complete sentences, using our neatest handwriting
- Editing work for grammar and punctuation errors
- Building stamina to read independently for a sustained amount of time
- Studying place value up to one thousand
I'm looking forward to a great year of learning and fun!