The Second Graders at Rohan Woods have been busy learning this trimester! We’ve enjoyed time spent with our Pre-K Buddies and playing math enrichment games with our Third Grade friends. The Second Graders learned about the history of Thanksgiving through a scavenger hunt within our classroom.
Here are some other things we’ve been working on the past few weeks:
- Spelling words with the schwa ‘a’ sound
- Reading to gain information
- Writing about our Thanksgiving break using more details
- Identifying consonant digraphs
- Learning about how animals use various kinds of camouflage to protect themselves
- Multiplying using skip counting and dot paper
- Dividing using pictures and counters
- Distinguishing between common and proper nouns
- Listening to stories to gain auditory comprehension skills
- Working more independently
Important Dates to Remember:
- Thursday, December 10 – Winter Program, 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, December 11 – Late Start, 9:00 a.m.
- Friday, December 18 – Winter Break starts at 3:00 p.m.