This month brings games to strengthening students’ acceleration, dribbling skills, core fitness, and, most importantly, their overall mood! Click Read More to see our upcoming sports schedule.
Winter blahs can set in with shorter days and indoor time, so we take charge of our bodies and set the tone for focused fun.
Fun games with purpose:
1. Snowball fight! Throwing and dodging with soft objects and lots of hiding places.
2. Sleigh rides and sled races! Gentle pulls and energized pushes on scooters that require strength and finesse.
3. Holiday Treats! Grinch, Reindeer, and Frosty theme games that require running, chasing and team strategy.
Skills and fitness development:
1. Acceleration– set feet, loaded muscles, quick motion.
2. Pivot- offensive stance, forward, reverse.
3. Dribbling– control, speed, crossover.
4. Core strength– planks, roll downs and curl-ups.
Upcoming events: green = home gold = away
Jan 12: 5th/6th floor hockey game vs. Saul Mirowitz (4:00- 5:00 pm)
Jan 27: 5th/6th floor hockey game @ Saul Mirowitz (4:00- 5:00 pm)
Jan 30: 5th/ 6th Floor Hockey Tournament @ RWS (8:00 am- 3:00 pm) Six schools, round-robin format.
Feb 11: 5th/6th basketball game vs. Saul Mirowitz (4:00-5:00 pm)
Feb 18: 5th/6th basketball game @ Community School (3:45-5:00 pm)
Feb 23: 5th/6th ski trip to Hidden Valley (8:00 am-3:00 pm)
Feb 24: 3rd/4th basketball game vs. Saul Mirowitz (4:00-5:00 pm)
Feb 26: 3rd/4th basketball game vs. Community School (3:45-5:00 pm)