The Second and Third Graders have had a great first month of school! In addition to learning many new things, the First, Second, and Third Graders successfully broke into a Break-Out Box using teamwork, compromise, and listening skills.
Here are some other things the students have worked on this past month:
- Understanding and practicing classroom procedures and routines
- Being role models for our PK Buddies
- Reading stories to younger students
- Spelling words according to a pattern
- Reading stories to find the main idea and supporting details
- Identifying grammatical errors in writing
- Writing with greater detail about our Weekends
- Listening to stories to enhance audio comprehension
- Adding and subtracting with regrouping
- Looking for key words in word problems to determine which operation to use
We are looking forward to a great October!
Second and Third Grade Teacher