The Second Graders have been working hard as we begin to wrap up our Second Trimester! They spent a morning at the Zoo learning about animals and their habitats, diet, and enrichment activities. The students worked in pairs to research an animal and its biome, then spent time exploring at the Zoo collecting pictures and videos to make an iMovie. The Second Graders ended their busy week at our Flapjacks with Fathers breakfast.
Here are other things the Second Graders have been learning at Rohan Woods:
- Distinguishing between homophones
- Identifying action verbs
- Reading with more expression and inflection
- Listening to audio stories to gain auditory comprehension skills
- Correcting written work for grammatical errors
- Collaborating in small groups to read and answer comprehension questions
- Independently reading on iPads
- Measuring the mass of objects
- Comparing volume of liquids
- Working as a team to complete a 1,000 piece puzzle
- Enhancing leadership skills by setting examples for our Pre-K Buddies
- Monday, February 15 – No School, Presidents' Day
- Friday, February 19 – No School, Report Card Writing Day
Have a great weekend! Thanks to all of the fathers who joined us for breakfast!