The Second Graders have been working so hard this second half of the year! The students celebrated Martin Luther King, Jr., stretched their thinking skills with brain teasers, and as always, enjoyed Buddy Time.
Here are some other things the Second Graders worked on this month:
- Working with more independence, at their own rates and levels
- Utilizing skills learned to problem solve
- Applying spelling skills to daily writing
- Reading and writing homophones
- Writing with increased details and interesting words
- Reading for details
- Understanding a story’s main problem and solution
- Describing attributes of characters within a story
- Identifying words with consonant digraphs and blends
- Multiplying and dividing with basic facts
- Deciding which operation to use when problem solving
- Measuring using meters and centimeters
We hope you can join us at Open House on Thursday, February 15th from 9-11 a.m.!
Second Grade Teacher