Students at Rohan Woods School have been very busy in and out of the science lab…
Fall has been a busy season for the science students at RWS. We have studied our honey bees, worked in our vegetable garden, expanded our native prairie habitat, gone on field trips in St. Louis and California, and done amazing work in the lab!
- JK students have enjoyed their first visits to the science lab. They have read Andy Acid, Botanist Bert, Colorful Caroline, Density Dan, and Ellie Electricity and enjoyed experimenting on the science concepts they learned from each story
- SK students are conducting investigations into what living things need. We focused specifically on the honey bee life cycle and plants.
- 1st Graders are enjoying their study of mixtures, specifically soil.
- The 2nd Grade is taking a deep dive into plant life, from seeds, to the whole plant, to flowers, and fruit.
- The 3rd Grade has been diligently working in the lab to learn about metric measurements. In addition, they added on the next segment of our native prairie.
- The 4th Grade has enjoyed exploring space.
- The Middle School prepared for their trip to Yosemite National Park and are working on reflecting on their trip and creating presentations about their trip to share with our school community.
- 5th Grade Health is studying nutrition.
- 6th Grade Health is learning about body systems and most recently studied the skeletal system.