The Second Graders had a wonderful month of November! They collaborated with their First Grade friends to solve a Breakout Box, worked diligently on planning their Food Pantries Project, as well as wrapped up a great first trimester!
Here are other things the Second Graders enjoyed learning this month:
- Using time management skills to make posters for their Food Pantries Project
- Collaborating and communicating with group members
- Listening to others’ ideas with patience and compassion
- Reading to gain oral fluency skills
- Finding a story’s main idea and supporting details
- Describing characters in a book using multiple adjectives
- Identifying compound words
- Reading and writing contractions
- Building stamina with creative writing
- Using meters and centimeters to measure
- Understanding when to multiply or divide
- Following cardinal directions to locate places on a map
Don’t forget we have early dismissal on Friday, December 21st and return to school on Tuesday, January 8th. Have a great holiday season!
Second Grade Teacher