The Second Graders had a great few weeks of school in December! The students did an excellent job performing at the Holiday Winter Program. The Second Graders enjoyed making winter crafts with their Pre-K Buddies and playing multiplication games with their Third Grade friends. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the Mitten Tree by donating hats, mittens, and gloves to other children in need.
Here are some other things the Second Graders learned the past few weeks:
- Spelling words with the /aw/ and schwa sounds
- Identifying the subject and predicate in a sentence
- Reading with more expression and fluency
- Editing writing for grammatical and punctuation errors
- Multiplying and dividing
- Solving multi-step word problems
Have a great winter break! See you back at Rohan Woods on January 4, 2016!
2nd Grade Teacher