Welcome back from Spring Break! There has been a lot of learning and growth in our classroom, especially witnessed the past couple of weeks. The students are diligently preparing for Third Grade these last couple months of school. After practicing good test taking skills and strategies, the Second Graders began taking the ERB Test for their first time.
While ERB Testing is important, so is our school curriculum! Here are some things the Second Graders have been working on in our classroom:
- Determining when to add 's' or 'es' to make a singular word plural
- Writing using a variety of transition words
- Adding details to stories, both orally and written
- Listening for details to enhance auditory comprehension
- Telling time to five minutes on an analog clock
- Distinguishing between a.m. and p.m.
- Collaborating to work on our classroom puzzle
- Mon. Apr. 11 – Fri. Apr. 15 ~ ERB Testing
I hope you had a fun, relaxing Spring Break!
Second Grade Teacher